Week Beginning 11th May
Hi everyone. We hope you have enjoyed a great Bank Holiday weekend and are keeping well. Below is all the information required for this week’s learning.
- A timetable linked to the Oak National Academy website
- There are two links below the timetable. The main one to find the work. The second one for parents, there is also a FAQ section.
- Please remember we are asking you to follow the must, should, could strategy
- This week’s topic is all about Florence Nightingale use the link to find a choice of activities you can complete.
Oak National Academy – All learning
Please see the timetable for the week ahead.
|Monday||Measures: Time – Marathon Training||Persuasion: Reading comprehension – fact retrieval|
|Tuesday||Measures: Money -The price of stamps||Persuasion: Reading comprehension – summary|
|Wednesday||Measures: Length – Ribbon Riddle||Persuasion: Identifying the features of a text|
|Thursday||Measures: Money – Coin Purse Challenge||Persuasion: (SPAG focus) – Imperative and Modal verbs|
|Friday||Measures: Mixed Measure problems||Persuasion: Write a persuasive rap.|
Link to year 4 schedule (work):
Link to this week’s topic work (Florence Nightingale):
Link to BBC year 4 schedule (work):
- Read a book everyday for pleasure (not an entire book!)
- Complete maths and english task
- Complete a topic lesson from the link (twice a week) ‘Florence Nightingale’ link
- Complete Mr. Barter’s physical development sessions
You might like to have a go at these for your PE this week.
Mr. Barter’s Physical Development session
I hope your legs weren’t too jelly like after last week’s leg basher! This week we are going to get the lungs burning. Note: there is no rest between the exercises in the round, only at the end of the round.
Round One: Sprinting on the spot for 20 seconds tuck jumps x 10 burpees x 10 plank for 20 seconds
Round Two: Sprinting on the spot for 30 seconds tuck jumps x 15 burpees x 15 plank for 25 seconds
Round Three: Sprinting on the spot for 40 seconds tuck jumps x 20 burpees x 20 plank for 30 seconds
Round Four: Sprinting on the spot for 50 seconds tuck jumps x 25 burpees x 25 plank for 35 seconds
Round Five: Sprinting on the spot for 60 seconds tuck jumps x 30 burpees x 30 plank for 40 seconds
Rest: Rest for two minutes between rounds. This a hard session. So make sure you drink between rounds. Good luck!
Weekly challenge: 100 down and ups! Quite simple. Stand fully upright and then lie face down, hands by your sides. And then repeat. Make sure you stand up straight and then lie fully flat. Time yourself to see how long it takes from start to finish. Tip: do it on a soft surface, ideally not tarmac!
Keep positive and keep learning.
The below link takes you to a Government pages with a variety of links to many different resources. They are split into Secondary, Primary etc.
LEARNING FROM HOME LINKS – THESE HAVE BEEN EMAILED TO ALL PARENTS TO HELP DURING THE SCHOOL CLOSURES